Kicking off with the notion that humans use only 10 per cent of the brain’s capacity, this dizzyingly silly, extravagantly enjoyable sci-fi thriller has Scarlett Johansson getting to deploy the other 90 per cent.

A naïve expat living in Taiwan, she becomes an unwilling drug mule for a criminal gang and turns from luckless dupe into superhuman ass-kicker when the new drug sewn into her abdomen leaks into her bloodstream en route.

As her brainpower increases, the film fires off shoot-outs, a blistering car chase through Paris and dollops of cod science from Morgan Freeman’s biologist before turning very weird.

Not everyone will want to hang on for the ride, but Johansson radiates cool, the action scenes zing and the images really fizz.