Arrow Video has announced a limited edition and personalised dual format Blu-ray and DVD box-set of the cult classic Withnail and I, set for release on 20th October 2014 in a stunning new 2k restoration. Available in 4 different numbered and personalised boxes, each limited to 500 copies only. Fans can choose their favourite of four artworks available as well as having their names printed on the back of their set. Their names will also feature alongside one of fifteen favourite quotes for a truly unique and personal edition which can be purchased at http://withnailfilm.com/ 2000 additional copies will be available featuring the classic poster artwork.
Special Edition Contents
• New 2K restoration of Withnail and I from the original camera negative, supervised and approved by director of photography Peter Hannan
• Bruce Robinson’s follow-up feature, How to Get Ahead in Advertising, newly transferred from original film elements and approved by director of photography Peter Hannan
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD Presentation of both films
• Original uncompressed mono 1.0 PCM audio for both films
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Audio commentary by writer-director Bruce Robinson
• Audio commentary by critic and writer Kevin Jackson
• All four original ‘Withnail Weekend’ documentaries, first screened on Channel 4 in 1999
• Newly filmed interviews with key members of Withnail and I’s behind-the-scenes team (TBC)
• Theatrical trailers for both films
• Exclusive limited edition hardback book packaging (2,000 copies)
More to be announced!