Following recent allegations, twins Kyle and Josh Brooks have confirmed their departure from the competition...

Brooks Way have dropped out of The X Factor after one of the group was accused of sending threatening messages to an ex-girlfriend.

The duo – 17-year-old twins Kyle and Josh Brooks – were absent from the first live show on Saturday after their performance was pulled at the last minute.

Now Josh has revealed the pair are officially out of the competition: “Due to events in my personal life, I’ve decided that it’s best not to be on the show at this time.

Brooks Way

Brooks Way (Syco/Thames/Burmiston/P)

“While not everything that has been claimed is true, I would like to apologise to everyone involved.”

The X Factor said in a statement: “Following the allegations relating to Josh Brooks, we have decided by mutual consent that Brooks Way should leave the competition.”

A new act is expected to join the show as a replacement for the Welsh brothers.

The pair were due to perform as part of Louis Walsh’s groups category alongside the other 11 acts.

The Sun on Sunday previously reported Josh had been involved in an altercation with a girlfriend at a New Year’s Eve party.

Brooks Way (Ian West/PA)

Brooks Way (Ian West/PA)

The singer told the newspaper: “A fight broke out between me and another male at a party. Amelia, along with others, tried to break it up. She was accidentally knocked in the process.

“It was never my intention to hurt her or put her in danger – and this situation is way out of my character.”

On Sunday night, Bratavio was the first act to be eliminated from the show.

The duo – Bradley and Ottavio – were given their marching orders after losing to Finnish hopeful Saara Aalto in the sing-off.


Bratavio (Syco/Thames/Burmiston/PA)

The novelty pair said they were “really proud” of themselves and “thankful” for the opportunity as they exited the ITV competition.

They found themselves in the bottom two after failing to impress the public with their melody of 90s songs on Saturday night’s show. Their mash-up was dubbed a “musical horror movie” by judge Simon Cowell.

In the sing-off, they performed Yazz track The Only Way Is Up, while Saara delivered a sensational rendition of Sia’s Alive.

Judges Walsh and Sharon Osbourne each chose to save their own acts.

Sharon – who celebrated her 64th birthday with a cake during the show – is in charge of Saara in the overs category.

Nicole Scherzinger praised both acts for their effort in the sing-off but opted to send Bratavio home.

( Syco/Thames/Dymond)

Bratavio (Syco/Thames/Dymond)

Simon cast the last vote and said it was like “a guinea pig versus a racehorse” as he sent Bratavio packing.

At the end of the show, host Dermot O’Leary spun the X Factor jukebox to determine the theme for next week, and it landed on Motown.

The X Factor continues next Saturday at 8pm on ITV.