Jamie Oliver has addressed rumours he could be in the line-up to judge the next series of The Great British Bake Off after Mel and Sue announced they will not be returning next year.
Jamie Oliver has addressed rumours he could be in the line-up to judge the next series of The Great British Bake Off, admitting: “I would get massive cred from my kids”.
However, despite sparking rumours just days ago, the star has said his work schedule is too busy at the moment.
Forty-one-year-old Jamie, who recently welcomed his fifth child, previously said he’d “love” to be a judge on the baking show.
“We watch Bake Off. The whole family loves it,” he told Now magazine last week. “Secretly, there’s always a part of me in mourning because I’d love to be one of the judges.”
However, fans of the celebrity chef will be disappointed to hear it’s unlikely that he will be joining the panel.
“As much as I would get massive cred from my kids for having any kinda role, I’ve totally got my hands full even if I was asked, which I haven’t been,” he told the Telegraph.
“I’m sure they’ll pick the new hosts wisely – I’m just as keen to see who they are as you are!”
It is still unclear whether Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood will remain on Bake Off after the news that the show is moving from BBC1 to Channel 4.
Sue Perkins and Mel Giedroyc, who have fronted the cooking show since it hit television screens six years ago, have already announced they will quit Great British Bake Off when it moves channel next year.
Other rumours have tipped Davina McCall, Clare Balding and Pointless presenter Alexander Armstrong as potential candidates for the judges’ seats, but no names have been confirmed yet.
The number of viewers watching The Great British Bake Off went up by more than half a million on Wednesday compared with the previous week.
An average of 10.3 million viewers saw the fourth episode of the series, up from 9.7 million last Wednesday.
The show – which focused on batter – peaked in the last five minutes, with 11.3 million viewers.