Anthony McPartlin, one half of presenting duo, Ant and Dec, has cancelled all TV commitments as he returns to rehab

Saturday Night Takeaway, which Ant McPartlin hosts with Declan Donnelly, will not be shown this weekend, ITV has announced.

Ant is re-entering rehab following his arrest on suspicion of drink-driving on Sunday.

ITV revealed that this Saturday’s episode of the hit show would not go ahead and said that the final two episodes of the series would not feature Ant.

An ITV spokesman said: “ITV has taken a joint decision with Ant and Dec’s team not to broadcast Saturday Night Takeaway this weekend.

“We will be reviewing options for the last two episodes of the series (March 31 and April 7) which would not feature Ant, who is taking time off to seek treatment.

“We very much hope that he gets the help that he needs.”

Ant’s publicist said in a statement: “Ant has decided to go back into treatment and step down from his current TV commitments.

“He has spoken with Dec and ITV today and asked for time off for the foreseeable future. As such Saturday Night Takeaway will not be going ahead this Saturday.”

Ant first checked himself into rehab last year after battling a prescription drug and alcohol addiction.

At the time the presenter said, “The first step is to admit to yourself you need help. I feel like I have let a lot of people down and for that I am truly sorry.

“I want to thank my wife, family and closest friends for helping me through this really difficult time.

“I’ve spoken out because I think it’s important that people ask for help if they’re going through a rough time and get the proper treatment to help their recovery.”

He has since split from Lisa Armstrong, who he first met in his teens, and who he was married for more than a decade.

Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway was first shown in 2002.