Louis Walsh has met with police following claims that he indecently assaulted a 24-year-old man in a Dublin nightclub.
The X Factor judge was voluntarily questioned by officers on Friday following talks with his lawyers, his spokeswoman confirmed.
She added that Louis had not gone to the police station but had met with officers.”
He vigorously denies all of the allegations,” she previously said.
“If contacted by the police he will willingly co-operate with any investigation. Louis categorically denies any wrongdoing and will fight to clear his name.”
Meanwhile, Louis said in a statement that he was “extremely angry” at the allegations and further denied that anything had happened between himself and the unnamed man.
“It didn’t happen so therefore there is no case to answer and I am extremely angry that someone is trying to tarnish my name and reputation,” he said.
“My phone has not stopped ringing with messages of support from around the world which means so much to me. I am hoping that this matter will be resolved as quickly as possible.”
His spokeswoman told the Mirror, “Louis would like to thank everyone for the overwhelming number of messages of support from around the world that he has received over the last 48 hours.
“He is fully confident that this purported allegation will be resolved quickly and has taken full legal advice to vindicate his name and reputation following the outrageous publication of what are totally false inferences about him.”
On Friday Simon Cowell said that he supported Louis 100 per cent.
“I have known Louis Walsh for 20 years and I don’t believe for a second that these allegations are true,” he told the Sun.
The 58-year-old, who has managed Westlife and Boyzone during his career, is the only remaining original judge on the X Factor panel, being joined by Kelly Rowland, Tulisa Contostavlos and Gary Barlow for the latest round of auditions.