She may be dazzling Britain’s Got Talent viewers with her dance moves, but it seems Gin the dog was once so ill that her owner feared she would never walk again.

The canine star, who has qualified for the finals of Britain’s Got Talent with owner Kate Nicholas, was left close to death after she was accidentally poisoned.

Kate, 16, told the Daily Mail that she feared the worst when she found Gin slumped in the garden two years ago.

She said: “I couldn’t believe it, she looked so helpless. I thought she was dying, it was the worst day of my life.”

Gin was rushed to the vet with suspected poisoning, and the prognosis was bleak.

Kate said: “I was frightened her organs would pack up. The vet said that even if she did recover she would never dance again, play games or perform her acrobatics.”

Gin eventually made a full recovery, and will now face the judges in the final of Britain’s Got Talent with the chance of winning £100,000 and entertaining the Queen.

Kate said: “Ever since that terrible day when I thought I had lost her I won’t let her out of my sight.”

Watch the final live semi-final of Britain’s Got Talent on Friday at 9pm on ITV1; the final screens on Saturday at 6.50pm on ITV1