The cast of Coronation Street have reportedly seen their morale fall to a new low after the sex abuse allegations surrounding certain cast members.
According to The Sun the stars have been left ‘devastated’ by recent charges against Frank Lancel, William Roache and Michael Le Vell.
And a source told the paper some of them fear that there could be more to come.
“Coronation Street has always been one of the friendliest places to work in television,” the insider said.
“The stars spend time together and are socially really close, so the case have hit everyone really hard.
The source added that while many spoke out in support of Michael Le Vell following his arrest, now cast members were preferring to stay quiet.
“There has always been such a family friendly atmosphere around Corrie,” the insider said. It would be terrible if that changed.”
Frank Lancel is currently on trial facing indecent assault charges, while Le Vell is due to stand trial in September accused of 19 sex offence charges against a child.
Roache, meanwhile, appeared at Preston Magistrates Court on Friday to answer indecent assault charges, which he ‘vigorously’ denies.
The 81-year-old was previously charged with raping a 15-year-old girl in 1967, with the new charges also dating back to the 1960s.