Coronation Street star Antony Cotton has dismissed reports that he’ll be foxtrotting his way onto Strictly Come Dancing.

The actor – Sean Tully in the ITV soap – was rumoured to be joining the hit Saturday night BBC show this year.

But Antony – who was said to have been talking to Strictly producers at former contestant Mark Wright and ex-Corrie actress Michelle Keegan’s wedding – told ITV show Lorraine that he couldn’t take on the dancing show while he was still on the cobbles.

“I have just signed for Coronation Street for another 12 months which takes me into August next year. I can’t do both,” he said. “You have to dedicate your life to that.”

Antony added: “It’s one of my favourite television shows. I would bite their hand off.

“But my loyalties lie with Coronation Street and I’ve signed another year there. I love it there. That’s my second family.”

Antony, who previously took part in I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!, also told how he had kept the weight off after leaving the jungle, saying he steers clear of pasta, bread, rice and potatoes.