Former EastEnders star Lucy Benjamin became the first famous face to be booted off I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! on Monday night.

The actress lost out to former glamour girl Sam Fox and Gino D’Acampo in the public vote.

As hosts Ant and Dec announced the result, Lucy said: “I told you. It has been a pleasure.”

Lucy admitted she had ‘mixed emotions’ about leaving the jungle after just 10 days.

“It is not great to be the first one out but I got to get to see my bubba and Rich (her husband Richard Taggart). Someone had to go first. It’s fine.”

Lucy, 39, told hosts Ant and Dec that a highlight had been her skydive into the camp but admitted that her moment came when the camp was divided and her team were sent to the live in Exile.

“We ate rat,” she said. “That’s really bad isn’t it?”

The 39-year-old had suffered home sickness after being separated from her husband and two-year-old daughter Bessie.

After being interviewed by Ant and Dec following her elimination, she ran across the rope bridge looking for her husband.