Another day, another round of cooking challenges on BBC’s Masterchef. On Thursday food critic Jay Rayner made an appearance and set the amateur cooks a challenge to make a dish using just three ingredients, followed by a dessert that would remind us of childhood.
But, of course, the good people of Twitter had a few questions.
1. Firstly, why could (almost) no one stick to the three ingredients brief.
Rabbit, spinach & mushrooms. He’s nailed the three ingredients only brief. Only one so far. #masterchef
— Andrew Stevenson (@the_a_stevenson) March 12, 2015
2. Why didn’t anyone think of this?
A dish with three ingredients? Easy. Weetabix, milk, sugar. #masterchef
— Scott (@Scott_Ruminates) March 12, 2015
3. With all that waiting your turn to bring your plate up, this is a question that’s been bothering all of us.
— Katie Fenton (@katiefenton_) March 12, 2015
4. Is that bold moustache a health and safety issue?
If the hipster is going to stay can we at least make him take away the moustache tips? #Masterchef
— Deepa Mistry (@deepamstry) March 12, 2015
5. Have we seen Tony somewhere before?
Pretty sure the guy with the glasses and moustache used to play keyboards with The Hold Steady. #MasterChef
— Ginge Knievil (@GingeKnievil) March 12, 2015
6. And why is it impossible to dislike him?
HELP I DO NOT HATE TONY AND I WANT TO #masterchef
— jen (@msjenmac) March 12, 2015
7. Is there something different about Greg?
— Nick Skinner (@nickski47) March 12, 2015
8. No? Something else?
Is it me or has Gregg Wallace lost some weight recently? #Masterchef
— Dave Thompson (@shiteandonions) March 12, 2015
9. Besides, how does he balance his two very opposing jobs?
How does greg Wallace cope with masterchef and weightwatchers ? #masterchef
— Rob Gilbert-Warsop (@robpw2) March 12, 2015
10. Why can’t the challenges be more like this?
Cooking doesn’t get tougher than this! Can our Chef’s make a pudding out of cement, a ouiji board & a coffin full of mittens? #masterchef
— Paul Litchfield (@MrPLitchfield) March 12, 2015
11. Is this the best put down ever?
— Mrs Sming (@MrsSming) March 12, 2015
12. But most importantly…
Only a half hour episode of #masterchef tonight?? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE
— Lowri (@lowri_angharad_) March 12, 2015
Only half an hour of #Masterchef tonight?! What’s that all about?!!!
— Adam Arnopp-Rees (@LADamar138) March 12, 2015