Edinburgh Festival Fringe isn’t complete without the jokes.
Last year comedian Tim Vine dusted off his joke book and cleaned up at the Edinburgh Fringe when his one-liner was voted the funniest wisecrack of the festival.
We take look at the some of the judges’ favourites spanning across half a decade.
Tim Vine (Yui Mok/PA)
1. “I’ve decided to sell my Hoover … well, it was just collecting dust” – Tim Vine
2. “I’ve written a joke about a fat badger, but I couldn’t fit it into my set” – Masai Graham
3. “Always leave them wanting more, my uncle used to say to me. Which is why he lost his job in disaster relief” – Mark Watson
Rob Auton (Martina Salvi/ Taylor Herring/PA)
1. “I heard a rumour that Cadbury is bringing out an oriental chocolate bar. Could be a Chinese Wispa” – Rob Auton
2. “I used to work in a shoe-recycling shop. It was sole-destroying” – Alex Horne
3. “I’m in a same-sex marriage… the sex is always the same” – Alfie Moore
Stewart Francis (Yui Mok/PA)
1. “You know who really gives kids a bad name? Posh and Becks” – Stewart Francis
2. “Last night me and my girlfriend watched three DVDs back to back. Luckily I was the one facing the telly” – Tim Vine
3. “I was raised as an only child, which really annoyed my sister” – Will Marsh
Nick Helm (Ian West/PA)
1. “I needed a password eight characters long so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves” – Nick Helm
2. “Crime in multi-storey car parks. That is wrong on so many different levels” – Tim Vine
3. “People say ‘I’m taking it one day at a time.’ You know what? So is everybody. That’s how time works” – Hannibal Buress
Emo Philips (Todd Williamson/Invision/AP)
1. “I’ve just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I’ll tell you what, never again” – Tim Vine
2. “I’m currently dating a couple of anorexics. Two birds, one stone” – David Gibson (as Ray Green)
3. “I picked up a hitchhiker. You gotta when you hit them” – Emo Philips