1. It marked the peak of Marilyn Monroe’s career and truly shows her off as a great comic actress.
2. It was ahead of its time. The racy story line, men in drag and Marilyn’s revealing costumes were all very risque in their day.
3. One of the first and certainly of the best men in drag movies out there.
4. It’s widely recognised as one of the funniest films of all time
Hotel del Coronado. This luxury accommodation was the largest resort hotel in the world when it opened.
8. What a soundtrack!
9. As someone who occasionally dines on pease pudding, I love the fact that this film’s sizzling title features in the nursery rhyme about the versatility of that traditional British dish.