If you get caught between the Moon and New York City
The best that you can do ……
The best that you can do is fall in love
Even though I know I enjoyed it at the time, I can’t remember all that much about this comedy movie starring Dudley Moore and Liza Minelli, so I’ll be revisiting it today for sure. However, when it comes to that song, Arthur’s Theme – well, I’m humming it right now. Unforgettable. It’s a classic!
How bizarre though that singer Liza Minelli, despite starring in the film, wasn’t the one to sing its theme? No, Christopher Cross was the song’s co-writer and singer.
Now, since I’m on the subject of songs from films, I’ve decided to dream up a short quiz – Name the Film from the Song Lyrics.
See how many films you can identify from these song fragments:
1. Lonely rivers sigh “wait for me, wait for me.” I’ll be coming home wait for me.
2. Love can touch us one time, and last for a lifetime.
3. Two drifters off to see the world. There’s such a lot of world to see.
4. Watching every motion in my foolish lover’s game. On this endless ocean finally lovers know no shame.
5. Your brain is full of spiders, You’ve got garlic on your soul.
6. So, goodbye. Please, don’t cry. We both know I’m not what you, you need.
7. The road is long, there are mountains in our way. But we climb a step every day.
8. At night I could hear the blood in my veins. Just as black and whispering as the rain.
9. If there’s something weird and it don’t look good. Who ya gonna call?
10. Hide it in a hiding place where no one ever goes. Put it in your pantry with your cupcakes.
11. Music can be such a revelation. Dancing around you feel the sweet sensation.
12. Love and compassion, their day is coming. All else are castles built in the air.
13. Pour myself a cup of ambition. Yawnin’, stretchin’, try to come to life.
14. A spider’s touch. Such a cold finger. Beckons you to enter his web of sin.
15. Take me as I am – take my life. I would give it all – I would sacrifice.
So how did you do?
Arthur is showing on ITV2 today at 6pm