- 1. It’s set in a futuristic world where women wear very little and men wear Spandex.
- 3. If you’re over 30, it makes you feel lucky to be old. Logan’s Run is set in a 23rd-Century strange domed society where citizens aren’t allowed to experience their 31st birthday, and must be ‘renewed’ in a sinister ritualistic ceremony.
- 4. This movie demonstrates the cycical nature of fashion. As you can see, the 1970s Farrah Fawcett do has clearly experienced a renaissance in the 23rd Century.
- 5. York plays Logan 5, a sandman. A sandman’s job is to enforce the law by terminating citizens who try to live longer than 30. However, when he’s sent on a mission to destroy Sanctuary (the place to which ‘Runners’ escape), he becomes a Runner himself. Agutter plays Jessica 6, who joins Logan on his mission.
- 6. The film also stars hundreds of cats and sees Peter Ustinov quoting from TS Eliot‘s Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats:
- 7. A Logan’ Run remake is on the cards, but who will star? Maybe Hannah Tointon – star of Brit horror The Children? She’s the spit of Agutter don’t you think?
Logan’s Run is showing on Film 4 today 3rd September at 6.35pm