Strictly Come Dancing star James Jordan has been sacked after eight years – and his wife Ola could quit despite being ­offered a big money deal, reports the Sunday People.

On May 8, James, 36, was told he was not part of Strictly’s plans and was ­offered a low-profile job as a backing dancer.

He has told friends he is livid because he feels he has been loyal to the BBC for so many years.

Now Ola, 31, has to make the ­agonising decision of whether or not to resign.

She wants to be loyal to her ­husband but now they have lost half of their joint £60,000 annual income from Strictly.

Ola also makes tens of thousands from calendars and media deals by appearing on the dance contest.

A source close to the couple said: “The BBC have decided they don’t want James as a high-profile dancer this year.

“They have taken a look at who they have and who fits the bill best. Frankly the BBC are sick of the James and Ola show.

“He’s fuming. He very much sees himself and Ola as the stars of the show and can’t understand why he hasn’t been invited back.

“He has spent years working with them and feels he has given so much. This has come as a real shock to him.

“To say it all kicked off would be an ­understatement. This really has not gone down very well at all.”

The couple have been in ­negotiations and are yet to tell the BBC if they will take up the offers.

Ola says she feels “safer” when James is on the show – particularly after the bullying row involving ­fellow pro Karen Hauer last year, which saw her threatening to leave ­halfway through the series.

Back then Ola, who won the show in 2009 with presenter Chris Hollins, fled in tears after Karen told her she was a “rubbish dancer” so should go to the back.

She was persuaded to return and continued to dance with actor Ashley Taylor-Dawson until they were voted off in the semi-finals.

Karen is definitely returning to the show this year, which concerns Ola as sources close to her say without her husband there to ­“protect” her she fears there could be a repeat of the bust-up.

Bosses are hopeful that she will sign up but friends say she is ­desperate for the BBC to take James back in his former role.

The pal said: “Ola loves Strictly but she is in a real quandary. She and James are a partnership.

“So for one to do the show and the other not is strange and sad for her.”

A BBC spokesman said ­yesterday: “We don’t comment on speculation and the line-up will be announced in due course.”

The BBC has confirmed that Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman will front the show – becoming the first all-female duo to present a primetime Saturday slot in the corporation’s history.

Strictly Come Dancing will return to our screens in the autumn.