Denise Van Outen has pulled out of presenting a new celebrity news show just days before it premieres.

The announcement comes only hours after Channel Five bosses boasted of her role on OK! TV at a season launch.

A spokeswoman for the channel said: “Due to other contractual commitments, Denise Van Outen will not be presenting OK! TV. Both parties wish each other the very best.”

The first episode of OK! TV, described by Five as ‘a nightly entertainment magazine show’, will be shown on Monday.

The ex-Big Breakfast star, who was also a judge on BBC One musical hits such as Any Dream Will Do, was meant to co-host the show with Matt Johnson, a former boyfriend of The One Show presenter Alex Jones.

Only two days ago Denise told followers on her Twitter page: “Had a great day at @OKTVOfficial towers with @Mattjohnsons. So excited about our new show.”

The launch of an OK! magazine spin-off on the station had been widely anticipated following publisher Richard Desmond’s acquisition of Five last year.

The new show is seen as a replacement for recently axed Live From Studio Five.

Speaking about the show earlier this month, Denise said: “I have a huge appetite for all things showbiz so this show is right up my street. I’m really looking forward to working with Matt too and we can’t wait to show the viewers what we’ve got in store.”