Louis Walsh has hit out at X Factor 2012 champion James Arthur, saying his behaviour has ruined his chances of having a successful pop career.
The 25-year-old soared to the top of the charts last December with his debut single Impossible shortly after winning the show – and the track became the fastest-selling X Factor winners’ single ever.
Since then however he has been in the news more for his antics, which have included slagging off the likes of One Direction and Kingsland Road – as well as the recent scandal over his ‘homophobic’ rap diss against musician Micky Worthless.
“He should remember where he came from,” Louis said, calling James ‘ungrateful’ for the opportunity he was given by the show.
“He’s a competition winner. Has he blown it? Yes, he has. I don’t know if he’ll get back on track and I don’t care.”
While Louis may have blasted James’ actions, he has had a note of support from Nicole Scherzinger – who has said the singer has a good heart in spite of recent events.
“I know who he is as a person,” she said. “I’m just there to support him.”
She added: “He’s unbelievably talented and he’s worked so hard on his album. In the end I know that the cream will always rise to the top.”
James’ successor will be named on Sunday night in the second half of The X Factor 2013 final, with the action kicking off at 7.30pm.