Louis Walsh will be back on X Factor on Saturday night, after taking two weeks off from the show following the death of Boyzone‘s Stephen Gately.

Walsh – who is mentoring the groups on this year’s series of the show – told The Sun that he was “back from a dark place”.

“I’m really looking forward to getting back to business,” he said.

“It’s been a hard couple of weeks but I’m ready to focus on the show and getting my acts safely through one more week.”

The 57-year-old missed the Sunday results show two weeks ago after the news that Gately had been found dead while on holiday in Majorca. He was also absent from last weekend’s shows while attending the singer’s funeral in Dublin.

As a result he missed seeing one of his acts, girl group Kandy Rain, get the boot – but he told The Sun he is determined not to let either of his remaining acts – female trio Miss Frank and twins John and Edward – fall victim to the same fate.

And he had stern words for audience members who booed the twins last weekend after they were voted through to next week while Rikki Loney was sent home.

“I was really upset to hear the studio audience boo them,” he said.

“It takes a lot of guts for any act to get up on stage and perform live and I thought it was really out of order for them to get booed. I won’t be letting the audience get away with it this week!”

Meanwhile Rachel Adedeji is favourite to be eliminated this week ahead of John and Edward, according to Paddy Power.

The bookies are offering odds of 11-10 on the teenager’s luck finally running out after being saved by the judges for the past fortnight.