The Great British Bake Off’s Paul Hollywood is being tipped to join this year’s Strictly Come Dancing line-up when the series returns in the autumn.
The silver-haired TV presenter has been rumoured for the series before – but this year could actually make the move into the ballroom, according to the Sunday People.
And the news comes in the wake of his split from wife Alexandra – amid rumours of his involvement with Marcella Valladolid, his co-host on US show The American Baking Competition.
“Strictly are desperate to get him on the show and the BBC thinks it would be a really good career move,” a source close to the 47-year-old told the paper.
Paul has been telling his friends how keen he is to get involved. He watches it all the time and wanted to go on it last year. He has had a lot on his mind and is throwing himself into different projects.”
The source added: The Beeb are constantly looking at ways to step up the war with ITV over prime time Saturday night viewing.
“They know what a hit he is with viewers and think he will go far in the competition.”
Paul has previously hinted that he would like to try new small screen challenges such as Strictly but said that timing was often an issue.
“When you become a product of a big programme, you get busier and it’s hard trying to fit everything in,” he said, adding: “I am just really enjoying myself.”
Others tipped to take part in the next series include former Coronation Street actress Natalie Gunmede, singer Joe McElderry and TV presenter Anneka Rice.