Police are looking into claims that chart star and past X Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos was involved in a drug deal.

Scotland Yard said it was ‘considering’ information after a newspaper suggested she had acted as a go-between in the deal by introducing a journalist to an alleged supplier.

The Sun On Sunday reported that half an ounce of cocaine changed hands as a result of the deal conducted at London’s Dorchester Hotel.

The Metropolitan Police confirmed: “We have received information concerning the alleged supply of illegal drugs at a central London location. We are considering the information received.”

Tulisa’s management did not wish to comment on the claims at this stage.

The singer – who found fame with N-Dubz – was officially dropped as a judge on The X Factor just days ago, with Sharon Osbourne returning to the show in her place.

Tulisa, 24, is said to have boasted to the reporter: “Half my phone book sells it. Of course I can get it for you. Half the guys I know are drug dealers.”

The star – whose debut solo album made it to only number 35 in the charts – said that she did not take the drug herself.

Tulisa last year won an apology from a former boyfriend who leaked footage on to the internet of the two of them performing a sex act.