Charlie Sheen has reached an agreement with authorities in Colorado over domestic violence allegations involving his wife, a prosecutor said.
The agreement was confirmed by Chief Deputy District Attorney Arnold Mordkin, who declined to disclose details.
Brooke Mueller Sheen’s lawyer, Yale Galanter, also confirmed a plea agreement, but refused to say what the terms were because ‘a deal is not a deal until the judge approves it’.
“There has definitely been a deal reached,” said Galanter. “Brooke is totally satisfied with the deal, but if she had her druthers, the case would have been dismissed.”
Hollywood star Sheen pleaded not guilty to menacing, criminal mischief and assault charges stemming from an argument with his wife on Christmas Day at an Aspen home where they were on vacation.
The BBC reports that Sheen will enter a plea of no contest at a court appearance next week and the 44-year-old will seek a 30-day sentence for a misdemeanour charge.
Sheen’s attorney Richard Cummins did not immediately return phone messages seeking comment.
The star is scheduled to be in court on Monday for a disposition hearing. His trial had been scheduled for July 21.
Cummins had sought to throw out statements that the Two And A Half Men actor made to police investigating the case.
He argued that an officer questioned Sheen in the basement of a house without advising him of his right to remain silent.
Sheen denied threatening or hitting his wife, but told police he broke two pairs of her eyeglasses in front of her.
A police officer’s arrest affidavit quoted Brooke as saying the actor pinned her on a bed while holding a knife to her throat and making a threat.
In an audio recording of an emergency call to police, a woman who identifies herself as Brooke tells the dispatcher: “I thought I was gonna die for one hour.”