Andrew Castle has become the latest celebrity to get the boot from Strictly Come Dancing after landing in the dance-off for the second week running.

The former tennis pro turned GMTV presenter – who had been the bookies’ favourite to leave – was saved by the judges after he ended up in the bottom two last week.

However this week he wasn’t so lucky, with the panel voting unanimously to save Heather Small after both had reprised their routines.

“They were a couple I think should never have been in the bottom two,” Bruno said of his decision.

Meanwhile, Arlene Phillips admitted it was a difficult decision for her. “At this point I want to cry ‘help’ because they both improved so much,” she admitted – but she also voted for Heather and Brian.

Afterwards, Castle paid tribute to his dance partner Ola Jordan, saying she was “as beautiful as she was talented”.

“And I’d also like to take a second to thank everybody in the show for treating all us amateurs so well from day one,” he added.

The 44-year-old had had a difficult week after injuring his knee during rehearsals – and failed to impress the judges with his samba on Saturday’s show.

“Instead of Andrew Castle, you need to be more of a bouncy castle,” Arlene told him.

Andrew’s departure means that Tom Chambers, Austin Healy and John Sergeant are the only remaining men in the competition.