TAGS:

Strictly Come Dancing pros Flavia Cacace and Vincent Simone have said that the show can go on for many more years.

The professional dancers – who have tangoed their way out of the up coming series of Strictly – reckon the BBC dance show is still a must-watch, amidst host Sir Bruce Forsyth blaming the lack of celebrities for the previous ratings slump and competition from ITV rival The X Factor.

“We’ve been on the show for around eight years and the minimum audience has always been around nine million people. Now we’re up to 12, 13 million people, I think it can go on forever by the look of it. And I hope so,” said Vincent.

This year’s line-up includes Sophie Ellis-Bextor, rugby player Ben Cohen, former Coronation Street actress Natalie Gumede, Dragons Den’s Deborah Meaden and model turned presenter Abbey Clancy.

“They always have a mixed bag. They always have it right,” Flavia said.

Flavia and Vincent will not return for the 11th series, along with fellow dancer Erin Boag.

“Strictly Come Dancing is probably the hardest thing we have ever done in our career. By the end of the (last) show, we were so tired. We had been working so hard and… towards the end, we just wanted to finish,” Vincent said.

Flavia – who won the 10th series with Olympic medal-winner Louis Smith – said they would still like to be involved with the show.

There are rumours that the pair would return for the Christmas special.

“We will always be a part of Strictly, whether we partner a celebrity or not. It’s in our blood, so we would always love to be a part of it,” she said.

The 11th series of Strictly starts with a launch show on Saturday September 7.